Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm back!!!


First of all the reason for not updating my blog is that i was out of station till today. I had been to Herga (a place near Manipal in udupi). I had wonderful days of my life there. I went there for a vacation n stayed there in a place called "Golikatte"! I had a great break from my routine. For the first time i got to see Udupi rains which was awesome! I had 2 important functions which i didn't want to miss, so like that i landed in Udupi, but it was worth visiting. I met so many of my cousins n relatives after really long time.
My journey while going was good! i had my cousin's company so we were talking a lot during journey also as i cant sit quiet, but good thing even my cousin was talking:P but both of us managed to get little bit of sleep. So I reached Herga on Sunday n again went out near water with my cousin, brother. sister-in-law n my aunt, n played a little in salt water.
On the 7th june, there was my cousin's threading ceremony which was full of fun and of course functions and get together is always fun! Evening played cards with all my cousins and as usual we played 'donkey' and i was the donkey twice as usual :( but it was fun!
Next day i was at home the whole day but i never got bored since it was a quite place and it was just to perfect to do nothing. In between sister-in-law n me used to chat. And yeah one day my brother took me to his grandparents house and he showed all the places around And we took so many snaps there.
Now what ever i say many people may not understand but i'll try my best to make everybody understand. There is a 'katte'(platform) which they use it only during 'herga utsav'. And there is lot of importance to this utsav which happens once a year. But sorry i can't really explain like my brother did to me, but yes its definitely interesting to know it.
On 11th the was a special puje at home its called 'durga namaskar" where a lamp is taken as durga devi and puje is done. Its very precious and even that has got lot significance. And on 12th was my brother's 1st wedding anniversary and there was kind of small party also. On 12th i went to my other aunt's place which is called 'hangarikatte'. And that day there was heavy rain, just stand for a sec in the rain and you would be drenched. but it was so wonderful to watch the rain there... though i didn't get a chance to play in rain but i enjoyed watching it. And yes that evening was the party and my brother was so happy to meet his best friends.
Well the next day I went to Udupi Krishna matt with brother and sister-in-law. All three of us had darshan then had food and special thing about lunch was that we had it on floor means no plate or leaf directly on floor. When people's wish is fulfilled they come here and have food from floor, its called 'nelaoota'(nela is floor n oota is lunch/dinner).
I still have so many things to tell but cannot really explain but i'll try and will update. And that night bro and me started back to bangalore and yeah i miss hegra a lot...!

2 comments:

  1. wow mridu.. what a great break from routine. I understood now what's herga. :) It is really great to read about the vacations and the fun you have there. It is very very nice thing. Keep it up. Do share the snaps also.

    One thing I would like to mention here is there are some spelling mistakes which we will have to assume as we read along. Its ok as you are started writing now. :) Just look after it. Nothing more to improve. :)

    Keep it up mridu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice pics mridu.. :) sooper ones. truly nice ones.. the one near the lake.. :) beautiful

    ReplyDelete